|Click on the tabs above to see even more of our awesome adoptables! Can't see all 20 pets on this page? Reloading should fix it.
Scroll down for adoption information and to fill out online application.
|Train has been waiting since last July for a forever home - maybe you'll be the one? He's a playful, high-energy dog who's looking for an experienced, active person. Adults only. Neutered.
|Little Sam's a sweet, playful Boxer-mix boy with boundless energy & tons of puppy love to give! Do you have room in your heart & home for this playful 11 month old pup? Adopt!
Description coming soon!
|[ADOPTED] Just look at that face! Max is an cool Pekingese guy who loves chasing balls &snuggling up to get petted. He's looking for a loving home to be your best buddy!
|Capone looks very serious, but that's because he has a Very Important Job to do - finding and catching any tennis balls that come too close! He's just 2 years old. Already neutered.
|Coco is a friendly little chihuahua (we think?)-mix guy, just 2 years old, with minor skin issues (being treated). He'd love to sit in your lap and cuddle! Longer description coming soon
|Robbie is a happy pit bull-mix boy with minor skin issues (being treated - much better already!). Longer description coming soon!
|Tahoe is a friendly and playful older Pomeranian gentleman who gets along with everyone - dogs, cats, and people! He's a special needs guy due to a medical issue. Neutered.
|OMG, that face! Franco's a great cat with an awesome personality .Looking for a super-sweet special needs guy (heart murmur) who's declawed and already neutered? Adopt!
|Travis is a big sweet softie, a laidback, easygoing tabby guy who loves getting scratched behind the ears. Did you know petting a cat lowers your stress level? Travis does!
|Oh, Flora, beautiful Flora - words fail me! She's a quiet and lovely lady with striking bicolor eyes and an unusual mostly-orange torbie coat. Come give her a home!
|Speedy is a cool kitty boy, just two years old, who's all done with life on the mean streets and is looking for a loving home! Go ahead and adopt this friendly guy today!
|[ADOPTED!] Bubbles is the perfect name for this little kitty girl - she's playful & outgoing & effervescent - the life of the party. Just 1 year old & full of fun!
|Shakey's a Sweet Siamese-mix lady with special needs (Cerebellar Hypoplasia); spayed and declawed. Longer description coming soon!
Description coming soon!
|Seth is a friendly and really cute young brown tabby boy, just 1 year old, who would love to come home with you. Adopt!
|Ever hear of Olive the other reindeer? Well, here's Olive the domestic rat! She's a sweet, social girl. And yes - rats can make great pets! More info...
|Lulu is a super-sweet dwarf bunny girl, about 1 year old. Reggie (mouseover) is a big, easygoing bunny boy - a calm and friendly guy.
|Lester and Lynx are two blue bonded budgie boys who are hand-tame, sing sweetly, and get along with kids. Sadly, their new adopter got sick. (107206)
||Dex and Jake are 2 fancy mice boys - they're friendly and playful little guys! Unfortunately, their owner had to go away. Adopt 1 or both!
• Welcome to the Morris Animal Refuge's Adoption page. Thank you for choosing to adopt. We sincerely hope that you will open your heart and home to one of the many wonderful animals at Morris. Morris' adoption services cover the Greater Philadelphia/Pennsylvania Region including the tri-state area: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.
• To adopt you will need to fill out our Online Adoption Application or complete one at the Morris Animal Refuge (1242 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147). There you can view the available animals that are waiting for their new family to take them home.
• Applications generally take 24-48 hours for approval. There is a possibility for same day adoption if all information on the application is confirmed, but we cannot guarantee it. Once your completed application is reviewed by an Adoption Counselor you will be contacted to let you know you are approved and if there are any restrictions on your adoption. Bear in mind, that frequently an application may get delayed while waiting for all the necessary information from the references you provided to be confirmed.
• We begin our review of Adoption Applications by the next working business day after submission. Reviews are generally completed within two working days of submittal. It is your responsibility to check with us after that time to determine the status of your application.
• No animal may be selected until your application has been processed and approved. You are welcome to walk through the shelter to view the animals prior to adoption.
• Once approved, you may come in to select any animal that fits the guidelines of your approved application. The Adoption Coordinator will review your selection and will make the necessary arrangements for taking the animal home. All animals are spayed or neutered before going home. If the animal is not already neutered it will be necessary to wait a few days before picking up your animal. You will be called after your new pet is neutered to come and take it home.
• Your approved application stays active for six months if there are no changes in the information you gave. If you do not see an animal you are interested in at this time, we encourage you to stop in anytime to see our current animals.
• The Morris Animal Refuge reserves the right to refuse any adoption.