Click on the tabs above to see even more of our awesome adoptables, including kittens & senior pets!
|[ADOPTED!] Trooper's an adorable puppy who loves to play & snuggle! His front legs were very bowlegged, but are already much better w/ good food & exercise. (107586)||Senior guy Speedy may be little, but he sure is a trooper! He survived cancer, and is still spunky and full of energy. Friendly and playful. (107330||Scooby is a handsome Lab-mix guy, just 2 years old & very friendly. He seriously loves to play! He has cherry eye, but we're working on that. Neutered. (107414)||Petey is a dog's dog, a really friendly and playful boy, just 1 year old and full of energy! He'd love to be your running/biking/hiking buddy. Neutered. (107530)|
|Jake's a friendly, quiet guy who enjoys getting petted and loves company. He's been waiting for a loving home since Fall and is FIV+. Already neutered. (107495)||Spring seems far away, but you won't mind the cold w/ beautiful Snowflake by your side! This sweet, friendly Snowshoe-mix kitty is lovely & unique. Spayed. Adopt! (107592)
||Beautiful tabico Maine Coon-mix lady Zephyr is here at the Refuge office, waiting for you to adopt her! Sweet & lovely & looking for a calm, peaceful home. Already spayed. (107513)||Spaulding is a cool, easygoing guy! His left eye is pretty scarred, but he doesn't let that bother him. A furry pirate who'd love to come home with you! Already neutered. (107591)|
|Affectionate guy Randy has food allergies. He's doing much better at the Refuge, but hasn't had any luck getting adopted! Friendly and easygoing. Neutered. (107477)||Sabrina's just so cute with those curious eyes & that smudgy little nose! A friendly sweetheart looking for a happy home - her person had to move away. Already spayed. (107568)||Jade is a calm, beautiful tortoiseshell lady, just 1 year old. Sadly, her person had to move. She's waiting to meet you at our Pet Valu Bala Cynwyd adoption center! Spayed. (107354b)||Rhonda's a sweet & loving lady, 2 years old, w/ a sad backstory (her person died & she was left alone in the house). But she doesn't care about that - she just wants to purr & be petted & love you! (107589)|
|[TRANSFERRED TO RABBIT RESCUE] JJ is a cool 10½ month old bunny boy, a Lionhead/Lop mix. He just arrived at the shelter, but seems very friendly. (107590)
||[ADOPTED!] Sarah and Winifred are two curious and clever young ferrets. Friendly and utterly adorable. More info coming soon. (107597)||[ADOPTED!] It's Scout & Jem, 2 friendly little finches! They enjoy flitting about their cage, chirping quietly. (107582)||[ADOPTED!] Turtle is a red-eared slider. It's not a fancy or pretentious name, but he figures it suits him. A turtle of simple tastes - a good-sized tank, warmth, yummy food, clean water. (107538)|
• Welcome to the Morris Animal Refuge's Adoption page. Thank you for choosing to adopt. We sincerely hope that you will open your heart and home to one of the many wonderful animals at Morris. Morris' adoption services cover the Greater Philadelphia/Pennsylvania Region including the tri-state area: Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware.
• To adopt you will need to fill out our Online Adoption Application or complete one at the Morris Animal Refuge (1242 Lombard Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147). There you can view the available animals that are waiting for their new family to take them home.
• Applications generally take 24-48 hours for approval. There is a possibility for same day adoption if all information on the application is confirmed, but we cannot guarantee it. Once your completed application is reviewed by an Adoption Counselor you will be contacted to let you know you are approved and if there are any restrictions on your adoption. Bear in mind, that frequently an application may get delayed while waiting for all the necessary information from the references you provided to be confirmed.
• We begin our review of Adoption Applications by the next working business day after submission. Reviews are generally completed within two working days of submittal. It is your responsibility to check with us after that time to determine the status of your application.
• No animal may be selected until your application has been processed and approved. You are welcome to walk through the shelter to view the animals prior to adoption.
• Once approved, you may come in to select any animal that fits the guidelines of your approved application. The Adoption Coordinator will review your selection and will make the necessary arrangements for taking the animal home. All animals are spayed or neutered before going home. If the animal is not already neutered it will be necessary to wait a few days before picking up your animal. You will be called after your new pet is neutered to come and take it home.
• Your approved application stays active for six months if there are no changes in the information you gave. If you do not see an animal you are interested in at this time, we encourage you to stop in anytime to see our current animals.
• The Morris Animal Refuge reserves the right to refuse any adoption.