Volunteers are the backbone of the Morris Animal Refuge. Whether you're socializing cats, walking dogs, assisting with an adoption event, or cleaning cages, we couldn't save lives without you!
The Hachette Book Group came to the Refuge for a day of group volunteer work! They did a fantastic job cleaning the shelter and taking our dogs on long walks.
Our dedicated volunteers come in to walk our dogs, giving them much needed exercise, socialization, and a break from the shelter.
A volunteer group from Temple University hosts a small adoption and fundraising event in the warmer weather.
Foster families allow our small animal shelter to expand by leaps and bounds. When you foster, you are at the forefront of saving lives by providing temporary care to an animal that can't thrive in the shelter but will eventually find their permanent loving home!
Passion the cat gets treated like the Queen she is while in foster care.
Blue sprawls out on his foster family's bed after recovering from surgery to repair a broken leg.
Pup passes out in the arms of her loving foster after a long day of playing.
Keep our animals fed, cozy, and clean by donating items on our wish list!
There are two ways to donate items:
1) Bring items from your home: To donate items to the refuge from your home (towels, unopened pet food, toys, etc), please follow the following instructions!
-Collect your items to donate. There is a list provided of common items that we always need below this text.
*If you have a questions about if we accept a certain item you have, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response in 1-4 business days.*
-Bring your items to the refuge. We have a contactless blue in kind donation bin in front of the refuge Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday between the hours of 11am - 2pm (we are closed Thurs) for your convienence. Please do not try to enter the refuge. No need to scheulde- simply come by in the above hours and drop your items in the bin.
*If you need a receipt, email us with the items you brought and the estimated value to email@example.com.*
*Please note: We cannot accept opened bags of pet food or treats. We cannot accept opened medications.*
2) Send items to the refuge from our Amazon Wishlist: You can purchase items we need most on Amazon and have them delivered directly to the refuge. When using Amazon, remember to make your gift count twice by selecting us as your charity of choice on AmazonSmile! Our Amazon wishlist is linked below.
- Items we need most:
- Towels, sheets, washcloths, and bedding (no pillows please)
- Canned cat and dog food (unopened)
- Treats (unopened bags)
- Cat Toys (sturdy, washable)
- Dog Toys (sturdy, washable)
- Feliway Diffuser with Refills
- Kuranda Dog Beds
- Cat Beds
- Hot Dogs
- Peanut Butter
- Kongs! (Large/Xlarge)
- Stretch and Scratch shelter cat stratching pads
- Laundry Detergent
- Paper Towels
- Scouring Pads
- Dawn Dish Soap
- Copy Paper
- Pens, highlighters, and Sharpies
Are you interested in having a career in animal welfare? Join the Morris Animal Refuge team of dedicated animal lovers!