Snoop says, “I haven’t had a chance to meet a cat since I am only a few months old. What’s all the excitement about?”
In honor of International Cat Day tomorrow, some of our cats are here to tell you all the reasons cats are so great!
1. Cats are cleaner than other pets. Okay, not all of them. But for the most part, cats are pretty clean. They groom themselves and you don’t have to worry about bath time (unless you’re a hairless cat).
2. Cats are not as time-consuming as other pets. Cats don’t need to be walked to use the bathroom. Unless your kitty enjoys walking on a leash, you can stay in bed on Saturday morning and enjoy their snuggles with no fear of a potty accident.
3. Cats are playful. Most cats LOVE toys and catnip. Whether you have a wand toy, a paper mouse, or a sock, kitties love to chase, jump, and catch. You can have a blast interacting with a cat for hours!
4. Cats can communicate. While cats may not sit on command, cats have adapted many ways to communicate with other animals and people. They might meow to get your attention, purr to tell you they love you, or hiss to let you know they are uncomfortable.
5. Cats can help catch household pests. Cats are natural hunters. If there are any bugs or rodents running around, your cat will likely find them for you.
6. Cats can be less expensive than other pets. Cats don’t need daycare or daily walks. They only need food, water, a litter box, toys, and love. Over the course of their life, they cost less than some other types of pets.
7. Cats love us! Finally, cats are great because they show us love. How could we not love them back?
Snoop says, “Ahh, I see! Cats are pretty great. I hope I get to be friends with a cat one day.”
Cats are definitely great! It is important to note that cats, like any animal, are a huge responsibility. Careful care should be taken to ensure you are prepared for a pet before adopting. Feel free to contact us with any questions about what it takes to care for a cat.SOCIAL SHARE